Creating beautiful new landscaping for your Tulsa home can add great pleasure to your experience as a homeowner. You’ll achieve enhanced curb appeal. And you’ll enjoy spending time outside—a major advantage of home ownership.
But before you jump into a major Tulsa landscaping project, it’s wise to consider these two key questions that will help you decide on the best ways to make your home’s lawn and garden areas both beautiful and functional in the way that works ideally for you and your family.
How Do I Like to Spend My Time When I’m Outside?
Most of us spend time where we feel most comfortable, doing the things we like doing the most. It’s no different when you go outside to enjoy your lawns, gardens, walkways, porches, and patios. Before committing to making additions or changes to your home’s landscaping, consider what you are most likely to do when you’re outside.
- How do you prefer to entertain? If you like building fires, roasting marshmallows, and being outside in the crisp weather, a fire pit may be a good option. If you want to entertain only in warm weather, or you don’t like building and tending a fire, you might be better served by installing an elegant patio with a built-in grill.
- Do you like to spend time maintaining your landscaping? If so, you might want several flowerbeds and other greenery that you can tend. If not, you might prefer just one large, green lawn, or the addition of stonework, succulents, or other landscaping options that are low maintenance.
- Do you have school-age children? If so, a play area with swings, a slide, or a basketball hoop might be ideal.
Other elements you might consider include whether you like to engage in bird watching, be physically active outdoors, or have a comfortable place to sit and relax while sheltered from the weather.
What Outdoor Landscaping and Decorative Elements Make Me Smile?
Every area of your home should be arranged to give you pleasure, including your outdoor landscaping. Don’t install new landscaping features just because they are popular. After all, any landscaping element can go in and out of style. Choose to invest in the things that make you the happiest, so you’ll get the most enjoyment possible out of your home.
Consider places you have visited, whether it is a friend’s house, a hotel, or anywhere else that you observed the outdoor setting. What did you like best about the landscaping and outdoor setup? Can you detect a theme to what you like most? Do a little online research too, and see what ideas you are most drawn to.
Here are some specific areas you can consider as you decide what makes you happiest about your home’s landscaping:
- What type of garden do you like best? If you like your greenery to feel wild and natural, a freestyle garden with wildflowers and tall grasses might be in order. If you prefer to have your garden orderly, then structured walls and flower beds may be the better choice.
- What type of seating do you enjoy most? Do you prefer to have an open area where you can sunbathe? Do you like shady areas where you can lounge and read a good book?
- How do you like to entertain? Do you prefer to grill all summer long? Do you often have large gatherings? Would you benefit from having a sizable patio with a lot of seating?
- How do you feel about garden structures such as fountains and statues? Do you enjoy that look and feel? Or do you prefer to have ample space for rosebushes or vegetable gardens?
Plan Your Landscaping—and Then Move Forward
Once you consider these questions thoroughly, you’ll have a good idea of the type of landscaping that will best serve your Tulsa area home. Plan out the costs and next steps with some research and the assistance of a landscaping team that cares about your needs and is committed to give you the very best in service.
At Proactive Landscaping, we are dedicated to serving our customers with outstanding work and responsive care every step of the way. We’d love to help you take your Tulsa landscaping to the next level and assist you with achieving a landscaping look and feel that enhances your home’s curb appeal and makes you happy to be outdoors. Contact us today 918-808-8418 for more information and a free estimate.