Every year, we have people calling us an asking for tips to put up Christmas lights on trees correctly. There are a couple steps that you need to take in order to put them up neatly and beautifully. If you take your time and follow these tips, your trees will be lit up in no time.
Method For Wrapping Branches
Most trees are wrapped the length of the trunk. Not every branch needs to be wrapped, and branches should be selected to allow for an even, pleasing distribution of light. Wrapping trees is much easier with two people, and by keeping the string in a neat ball.
- Start at the base of the tree with the first string of lights. Make sure the male plug is ground level to connect with your power cord.
- Starting with female, begin wrapping the tree systemically, connecting the male end with the next light strings female in.
- Wrap Christmas lights tightly, to ensure a snug fit. Lights will stay in place if wrapped tightly, but you can use zip ties to secure any loose wired or areas of concern.
- Increase vertical spacing of strings on branches where light strings will be wrapped up and back down.
- Keep light strings in close proximity to the tree to prevent wind and storm damage.
Tulsa Christmas Light Experts: ProActive Landscaping
ProActive Landscaping want your dream to become reality in your front yard. We know how fun putting up lights can be, so we will do it for you. Our trained Christmas light professionals will get it done fast and beautifully. Call us today for any questions you might have for us.